An ardent supporter of cricket's inclusion in the Olympics, the legendary Rahul Dravid says players are excited and he has heard "serious dressing room conversations" about competing in the world's biggest sporting event.
Djokovic withdraws from Western & Southern Open, to 'turn focus on US Open.'
The Azlan Shah Cup is the latest sporting event to be hit by the deadly coronavirus, which has claimed more than 3,000 lives and infected 86,000 people across the world.
Two days after being named in Australia's Olympic tennis team, Nick Kyrgios said he is "tossing up options" and may opt out of the Tokyo Games due to COVID-19 restrictions.
Canada's Bianca Andreescu upset Greek seventh seed Maria Sakkari to reach the last 32, while Japan's Taro Daniel crushed world number 15 Alexander Zverev.
Following a victory over Alexei Popyrin at the Queen's Club Championships in his 1,000th tour-level singles contest, Murray withdrew due to the injury while trailing 4-1 in the first set of his second-round match with Jordan Thompson on Wednesday.
In her now-deleted post on China's Twitter-like Weibo, Peng had written "why did you take me to your house and force me into having relations with you?", though she also described the relationship with Zhang as an on-off one that was also consensual.
Sumit Nagal got the big break as he was the highest ranked player in that draw.
India's top tennis players Yuki Bhambri, Prajnesh Gunneswaran and Divij Sharan returned to the courts after over two-and-a-half months.
Murray, who in 2013 ended a 77-year wait for a British men's singles champion at Wimbledon and won the title again in 2016, had previously said he was unlikely to continue his career beyond this year and could bow out at the Olympics in Paris.
Novak Djokovic said he is still hoping for a final chapter in their storied rivalry.
Nagal is likely to reach a new career-high ranking of world No. 92
Putting up a brave fight, India's Sumit Nagal took a set off world number seven Holger Rune before losing his rain-hit second round match of the Monte Carlo Masters, in Monte Carlo on Thursday.
Images from the Olympics tennis action at the Roland Garros, Paris, on Wednesday.
His previous best was 97 in February, which he had attained after winning the Chennai Open, an ATP Challenger series event.
Sumit Nagal, who recently became the first Indian to beat a seeded player in a Grand Slam tournament, will spearhead the Indian challenge in the men's singles competition of the Chennai Open ATP Challenger 100 tournament beginning on Sunday.
Muguruza wins all-Spanish clash with Badosa at WTA Finals
Four-times Grand Slam champion Naomi Osaka looks set to return to tennis shortly after getting 'that itch' to play again.
'That's the motto: the future is bright. This year hopefully I can play better in Australian Open and go further and show some good tennis.'
Tennis Australia Chief Executive Craig Tiley confirmed in an email to players that authorities had agreed to allow players to train during two weeks of strict quarantine.
Manchester United midfielder Nemanja Matic has defended his Serbian compatriot Novak Djokovic for hosting the ill-fated Adria Tour where a number of players, including the world number one, tested positive for COVID-19. Djokovic was criticised for hosting the tennis tournament amid a pandemic after his coach Goran Ivanisevic and players Grigor Dimitrov, Borna Coric and Viktor Troicki returned positive tests over the two legs in Serbia and Croatia.
Russia's Dmitry Tursunov got on the wrong side of tournament officials once again as he stormed out of a doubles match after disagreeing with a line call at the Nottingham Open on Wednesday. Tursunov, 25, partnering South Africa's Chris Haggard in the doubles, quit with the pair trailing Italy's Simone Bolelli and Andreas Seppi 6-4, 3-1.
Alcaraz, whose tournament so far has been typified by lapses in concentration and drops in intensity, was on the back foot as Medvedev clinched the first set in a tiebreak.
India's Divij Sharan and his Slovakian partner Igor Zelenay and progressed to the next round of the Murray River Open tennis tournament.
While tennis is a lucrative sport for those at the top -- the 2020 Australian Open singles champions each took home A$4.12 million ($2.52 million) -- those in the lower echelons often struggle to make ends meet.
The Indian tennis ace won the US $10,000 Regione House ITF clay tournament in Italy beating Mihalache Magda of Romania 6-3, 6-4 in the final.
India's tennis players -- both current and former -- are not just counting financial losses as they cope with the fallout of the coronavirus pandemic. The closure of the Pro Tour means that doubles exponent Purav Raja is set to lose at least $50,000 in this lockdown period, according to his own assessment. Prajnesh Gunneswaran, Jeevan Nedunchezhiyan and Divij Sharan can't exactly tell how much they would lose but considering the fact that they are consistently in contention to be in Grand Slam main draws, the massive financial hit is not difficult to assess.
Naomi Osaka's return a boost for women's tour, says Mouratoglou
World number one Jannik Sinner's bid for a second Grand Slam title continued to gain momentum as he thumped Christopher O'Connell 6-1, 6-4, 6-2 on Saturday to reach the US Open fourth round.
Masks were required and high-fives banned, with signs reminding those in attendance to maintain proper social distancing.
'I miss my team, I miss the players, I miss the tournaments, I miss everyone from the Tour'
Rohan Bopanna has set his sight on the Paris Olympics 2024 starting July 26 after winning his maiden men's doubles grand slam.
'I'm happy to be part of this Italian movement. People, they start to play tennis now more and more, which is great to see. I think that's the most important.'
All England Lawn Tennis Club (AELTC) chief executive Richard Lewis said he hoped the situation will stabilise in the coming months to allow the hardcourt season to get underway before the US Open begins on Aug. 24.
Eligibility for the program will take into account a player's ranking as well as previous prize money earnings according to criteria agreed by all stakeholders.
Grand Slam champions Daniil Medvedev from Russia and Belarusian Victoria Azarenka will not be able to participate in the June 27-July 10 tournament.
Rafael Nadal said he was still in two minds about whether he will play in the French Open.
Sumit Nagal lived a dream when he took on one of the greatest players of all time at a packed Arthur Ashe stadium in a US Open first-rounder.
Images from Day 5 of the Wimbledon Championships, at the All England Lawn Tennis and Croquet Club, London, on Friday.